The Network

The Network
This blog is no longer updated. Please click the picture to hop across to The Network

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

THE EAGLE

THE EAGLE

He sustained me in a desert land in a howling wilderness waste:
He shielded me, cared for me,
Guarded me as the apple of his eye.
As an eagle stirs up its nest
And hovers over its young;
As it spreads its wings, takes them up,
And bears them aloft on its pinions,
The Lord alone guided me.

Deuteronomy 32: 10-12

I

High on a rock I sit.
Childlike.
Dangling my legs over the cliff face.
Innocent. Fearless.
Trusting. Secure.

Danger? I might fall?
Insecure?
Impossible.
Behind, around and over me
is my Eagle.

II

I walk the highway
in the wilderness.
I cannot see ahead.
the way is carved
through rocky walls –
beyond them barrenness.

I cannot see ahead
but never fear –
not to mind.
Behind, around and over me
Is my Eagle.

III

He is my surety
He is my companion
on The Quest
He alone is my guide:
my eyes, my senses,
my Spirit