The Network

The Network
This blog is no longer updated. Please click the picture to hop across to The Network

Monday, September 05, 2005

Can someone please tell me..............

Can someone please tell me how natural disasters are usually handled in the United States of America?

What I mean by this question is that in Australia when there is an ermergency or natural disaster each state has a State Emergency Service - known as the SES. It is a volunteer but well-trained service. They are in the forefront along with the police. Quite frequently, the Army is sent in if the damage and difficulties are substantial and widespread. In really massive disasters, SES volunteers come from interstate and all over to help.

I heard no mention of such an organisation operating in New Orleans. Could someone please fill me in?