The Network

The Network
This blog is no longer updated. Please click the picture to hop across to The Network

Friday, March 03, 2006

The Summons - an eternal call to a lived life

A stained glass window depicting
the story of The Good Samaritan
St Paul's Cathedral, Sale, Victoria, Australia
THE SUMMONS
Sung to the traditional Scottish melody Kelvin Grove
From the Iona Community


Will you come and follow me if I but call your name?
Will you come where you don't know and never be the same?
Will you let my love be shown, will you let my name be known,
Will you let my life be grown in you and you in me?

Will you leave yourself behind if I but call your name?
Will you care for cruel and kind and never be the same?
Will you risk the hostile stare should your life attract or scare?
Will you let me answer prayer in you and you in me?

Will you the blinded see, If I but call your name?
Will you set the prisoners free And never be the same?
Will you kiss the leper clean, And do such as this unseen,
And admit to what I mean In you and you in me?

Will you love the ‘you’ you hide if I but call your name?
Will you quell the fear inside and never be the same?
Will you use the faith you’ve found to reshape the world around
Through my sight and touch and sound in you, and you in me?

Lord, your summons echoes true when you but call my name.
Let me turn and follow you and never be the same.
In your company I'll go where your love and footsteps show.
Thus I'll move and live and grow in you and you in me.
Text: John L. Bell and Graham Maule