The Network

The Network
This blog is no longer updated. Please click the picture to hop across to The Network

Friday, November 11, 2005

Of roosters and feather dusters (1)

I started to do this post - about politicians and their jobs after politics - and thought of what Fred Daly used to say about politicians: Rooster to-day; feather duster to-morrow. I've chortled quietly over this for years - as I'm sure many others have. And I think "Oh, that Fred Daly was a wit". Then I thought I would feed it in to Google where, undoubtedly, I would find a link to give some verity to my quote. No link to Fred. Instead, I've found that Fred was no original! It seems the quote may be Russian. And then I found here Proud peacock to-day; feather duster to-morrow. I tried to sort the whole darn thing out with Wikiquote to no avail. Wit to-day - unsourced quote to-morrow!